The Sweater comb is ideal for de-pilling wool sweaters. The fine mesh screens will delicately collect pills and effectively handle edges, such as cuffs, collars, and waistbands.
Remove the collected lint from the screen after each use.
IS YOUR SWEATER SHRUNK?
As the possibility to restore the wool sweater (if not felted completely) depends on a variety of factors, it is probable to increase your sweater by as much as a size and a half using the following process.
You may try the following steps:
- Fill a bath tub with lukewarm water – there should be enough water to cover the item you wish to unshrink.
- Add a generous amount of hair conditioner to the water. The hair conditioner will relax the wool yarns and loosen them. Agitate the water well with your hands to dissolve the hair conditioner.
- Submerge the knit garment to the water and gently keep kneading it for some time. Drain the water from the bath tub.
- Gently press the item against the bottom and sides of the tub to remove the excess water, then take the item out from the tub.
- Lay the item flat on any large piece of fabric and place another piece of fabric on top of the item. Press down on the top fabric and continue to squeeze water out of the item until both the upper and lower pieces of fabric have absorbed most of the moisture.
- Lay the wool item on a flat surface and gently pull it back into the desired shape and size. Stretch it very gently in all directions. Allow the item to lay flat for some time and repeat the stretching one or two more times before it dries completely.